Are you a blogger or a digital marketer looking to get more ideas about keywords then Semrush keyword magic tool got you covered. If you’re still struggling to find out how to use the SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool, then this article is specially written for you.
SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool
The Keyword Magic Tool is a Semrush tool that provides keyword information. It offers you access to an extended database with over 20 billion keywords and an organized interface for exploring those searches without making too much of a mess.
In this article, I tried to cover all the techniques that will help you find the best keyword with high search volume and low difficulty. I hope this article makes it easy for you if you are still learning about SEMRush and want a way of figuring out how exactly the keyword magic tool works. So they can take advantage of it to lower their search cost, which we all want as SEO professionals.
Before starting the Semrush keyword magic tool tutorial, I will share some basic knowledge to clear any doubts in mind about keyword research.
Table of Contents
Keyword research is the art of identifying some of the most searched keywords for websites, products, or services.
Keywords are among the most essential factors in determining how well a website ranks organically on Google and other search engines. Additionally, keywords help readers find content related to specific categories and guide users towards relevant advertising choices.
Effective keyword research can benefit marketers by helping them identify changes in consumer trends so they can be ahead of their competition.
The Semrush Keyword Magic Tool is a tool that helps you generate new keywords to research, which increases traffic and sales for your online stores.
The Semrush keyword magic tool allows you to search for keywords with enough volume to rank on Google. That way, when you find your most profitable keywords in this research category, you can use them throughout your online stores simultaneously.
As a result of finding these specific types of keywords specially targeted for your niche or industry, You’ll be able to create more content that caters to audiences’ needs in that particular niche.
To use the Semrush keyword magic tool, you will need to sign up for a free trial account (Click Here).
Once signed in, to determine how competitive any given keyword is in its industry sector, press the “keyword magic tool” tab.
It’s important to note that this will affect your final “search volume” numbers, but you’ll have more accurate data about what people are searching for on google. You can even set limits so that it won’t search unrelated keywords. This is helpful if looking at global trends or just wanting one particular country.
It also has an advertising feature that gives information on current cost-per clicks of the primary advertising campaigns running alongside given keywords surrounding your chosen content or service type.
- Semrush may be the most well-known and popular website traffic analyzer for a lot of SEO specialists. It can help you know your website’s current position in organic listings and those sites that might be competing against you within the rankings.
- The Semrush will give you essential insights about your competitors’ backlinks, referring domains, social networking exposure, and page rank. So it’s straightforward to compare stats between multiple websites.
- In addition, it allows advanced SEO marketers to research keywords that their competitors are ranking for in search engines. This information assists them in developing a strategy around the targeted phrases or blogs. Because this data also shows how much effort is required to rank competitively for any keyword.
- If you would like to know what’s happening on your site or your competitor sites and the things that may assist you in strengthening your social networking and search engine optimization strategy, Semrush Keyword Magic Tool is an attractive choice.
Keyword research is one of the essential parts of any SEO campaign. You can have great content globally, but if you are targeting keywords that nobody searches for, you will not get any traffic to your site.
- Keyword Magic Tool is another keyword planner for SEMrush that provides more than a standard keyword search volume list.
- Semrush is a must-have SEO tool. Semrush is the only keyword research tool to offer you competitive intelligence about your location, your competitors, even your prospective customers.
- Semrush has more than 20 modules that will help you save time on SEO analysis, social media marketing, searching engine optimization, PPC keyword analysis, and many other essential tasks in the world of Internet Marketing.
- It’s no wonder that SEMRush is “the fastest growing search engine optimization company founded within the last 10 years”. If you don’t have it yet – get it now for searching keywords. So you can start getting better results with Google AdWords.
- Semrush Keyword tool is an online word association game. You type in a keyword, and it spits out a list of synonyms that are related to that word or tells you which are popular keywords for that subject.
- Semrush provides you an opportunity to narrow down the keyword for content coverage.
There is a big difference between having a keyword magic tool and using a keyword magic tool. Without the proper knowledge of using keyword magic tools, you can not get its advantages. I assume now you have a Semrush free keyword magic tool. If not – start your free trial here without any cost.
Below is the step-by-step Semrush keyword magic tool tutorial to help you find the best keywords for your website.
The keyword magic tool’s primary purpose is to find the best and related keywords for our website. That is the reason if you have fewer ideas about keywords, then start with the main keyword; otherwise, you can come with your seed keywords and find data related to them.
In this step, go to the keyword magic tool and write your seed keyword to start, and click the search button.
After clicking on search, you will see this type of interface (picture given below). Semrush keyword magic tool will show you millions of keywords with just one click, and you will see a lot of related keywords.
Wait, these are not a final keyword selection step. Now we have to find out the more profitable keywords by using multiple filters.
You can see these keywords have high search volume, which means they have high keyword difficulty. As a newbie, it will be hard to rank on these keywords. So let’s find out what is the best keyword.
To find more specific and best results, you can select match modifiers filters. Using these filters, you can find some good keyword ideas. Once you inter you seed keywords, the interface is already on “broad match”, but you can choose any modifiers like the phrase, exact, and related matches.
Semrush broad match modifier is the default report once you search for any seed keyword. It shows all keywords data on a wide range without any filter. The overall match modifier indicates high to low search volume keywords first, but you can change it from low to high.
Semrush phrase match modifier shows exact keyword phrases in various orders. The phrase match does not include (ing, ed, s, etc.) in its keywords.
The name shows the exact match modifier, offers the exact match and the same keyword, including phrase match according to the seed keyword in an order form.
For example, your seed keyword is “best laptops”, then exact match keywords will show you the precise keywords like best laptops for kids, best laptop for school.
The exact match modifier will not show you the keywords like best budget laptops for kids. Because “budget” is not the exact keyword.
Related modifier shows all similar search engine results that appear in the google search bar. By selecting “Related”, you can find similar keywords.
One of the most powerful ways to find content for your blog is through question-based keywords. You can create campaigns, featured snippets, and more tailored towards answering peoples’ questions about specific topics or issues.
Answering the question is one of the best ways to rank in Google because Google wants to rank websites that solve the reader’s problem.
Using the Semrush Question filter, you get a lot of keyword ideas as questions. Semrush keyword magic tool shows you the most famous and asked questions to write content on these keywords.
It’s important not only because it will help people who come across this information but also by providing them with an answer straight away, you are providing value for their time.
The first question that may come to your mind is, why narrow down the keywords?
Remember, although you get the ideas of keywords with millions of searches and high difficulty, you can not rank on those keywords easily.
That is the reason filtering keywords difficulty and CPC can help you rank higher. If you are a beginner, then don’t select the keyword difficulty higher than 40.
If you are a digital marketer, you must consider the CPC rate, including other factors, because it is a wise step to save money and preserve time.
Using the filter will give you better results. Especially if you are starting a blog and doing keyword research, you must go for low-volume keywords.
What do you like, difficulty or ease?
I hope ease. Then while using the keyword difficulty filter, make sure you choose the minimum keyword difficulty.
Reason: because high difficulty keyword selection means there is tough competition to rank. Or on that keyword, there are already ranking some high authority websites that are hard to beat, especially if you are a new blogger.
According to my experience, if you are new, never choose a keyword with more than 30 KD. This is only for the beginner. If you have some experience or your website is ranking in SERPs, you can move for high-difficulty keywords.
This CPC filter is mainly used by digital marketers who advertise on different keywords. CPC filter tells you what will be the cost if someone clicks once on your keywords ads.
If you are not a google advertiser, you might be thinking about how this is beneficial for you? First of all, keep in mind this it is also important for a blogger. Suppose you are a blogger and working on google Adsense niche, then the Semrush CPC feature will help you choose the high CPC keywords for your content creation.
The “Include keywords” feature helps you to find what you are looking for. For example, my seed keyword is “best laptops”, but I want to write for the kid’s laptops, then I will include “Kids” in the filter, and the Semrush keyword magic tool will show me the only keywords that have “kid” in the keyword.
The best part of the “include keywords” feature is that you can include more than 100 words simultaneously.
In the “include the keyword” feature, there are also two options “1. All keywords 2. Any keyword”. In this situation, if you chose all keywords, it means you are asking to include all my given words in a single keyword.
But if you chose “any keyword”, then it means, show me the keywords that have at least one word that you put in “include keywords.”
In the “exclude keywords” filter, you need all results without having that specific word in your targeted keyword.
In the keyword magic tool advanced filters, you can set the keyword results according to your need. Using the word count option, you can select the limits of keyword results. Similarly, you can narrow down your keyword results to find the best keyword for your content coverage using other options.
You can see a verticle bar on the left side of the keyword magic tool screen with two options i) By volume ii) By number.
The above picture is the result of volume-based selection. “By volume” means, Semrush keyword magic tool will show you the keywords that are high in search volume.
I used “2021” because I want to find the keywords that are searched with the keyword, including “2021”.
In the “by number,” section, the Semrush keyword magic tool shows how many times a word appears in multiple keywords.
Are you looking to rank in your mother-language-based website but still struggling to find the keywords for the desired language? I can understand your pain because no other tool except Semrush provides language-based keywords.
Use this language filter and find the keywords in French, German, Japanese, etc.
A lot of people think to find keywords for the United States. But remember, blogging is not a one-country business. You can also target other countries and find keywords being searched in other countries like Canada, Australia, etc.
Select your targeted country and search for your related keyword. Semrush keyword magic tool will show you the results for the selected country.
Now when you have searched your best keywords, it’s time to save them for subsequent projects. Click on the export button and select a file type you need like, XLSX, CSV, or CSV Semicolon. Don’t forget to export your data because it’s crucial to save your efforts for the ease of the future.
I tried to cover all the points in this blog post, but if you feel something is missing, let me know in the comment box, and I will help you with that query.
I am so confident to say that Semrush is the best tool for your website SEO. Using its keyword magic tool, you can start finding your keywords to rank faster and higher in SERPs because the first step of SEO is to find the best keyword that is easy to rank.
Using the filters, you can narrow down your searches as per your need. Using the group section, it’s easy to find the high search volume.
Still, if you think you should start working with Semrush or not, I would suggest you create a Free Trial Of Semrush for 7 days.
Why start the trial version of Semrush? Because Semrush paid version is costly, it will be great if you start your trial version to understand either Semrsuh is adding more value to your content or not. If you feel it is helpful for your work, then don’t wait anymore to start it paid version.
- Semrush keyword research tool provides detailed information on keywords.
- The most significant benefit of Keyword Magic Tool over other free SEO tools is that you can choose between volume, CPC, or competition level to be displayed. You will use this feature in many ways, but the most common is probably to find low competition keywords with significant search volume that are easier to rank up in Google SERPs.
- You can sort the list by activity level so you won’t have less popular queries anymore, which should help eliminate irrelevant questions from the list.
- It is frank to use even for beginners. The interface is easy to navigate, which allows you to find what you are looking for.
- There are many different features in this tool like keyword ranking, backlinks checker, and much more. This helps you get the best out of your keywords by providing helpful information that might be unknown to you.
- The price is very competitive when compared to other similar products. The service is also good since they respond quickly if there any issues arise.
- It provides reports for queries like volume, backlinks, and traffic, among others, that help make informed decisions about the website or blog post.
- This software allows you to compare your site with competitors, which means it can be used for future references or your business or location growth.
- The SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool is a handy tool that can help you gain search engine rankings and provide you with features that will help you.
- Keyword Magic Tool is a pretty basic thing for the extra money you have to pay every month compared with other keyword research tools.
- A significant number of popular SEO tools offer more in-depth analysis and metrics, so it would be nicer if SEMrush either added more data or provided the same tool for free.
- Another thing that I don’t like about this tool because you can compare keywords only when they are in the same category, which means you cannot reach all keywords from different sites together. As a result, this feature makes your work harder instead of being beneficial in any way.
No doubt nothing is top-notch in terms of data providing. But if a tool provides near to accurate and best data, we consider that tool best. Similarly, all the devices have pros and cons, but sometimes we have to compromise on cons because pros are dominant.
Although the Semrush keyword magic tool has some cons, its pros are super beneficial. I don’t think due to Semrush keyword magic tool cons. You will have any loss. But if you follow its pros, you have more advantages over your competitors.
A lot of bloggers and digital marketers waste their time and money choosing the wrong keywords. The only demand google wants from its content creators is to fill the need of the users/readers. Understanding the search intent of the visitors is very important.
There are usually three types of keywords according to the user’s intent.
- Informational Keywords
- Transactional Keywords
- Navigational Keywords
Informational keywords are categorized as a searcher is looking to find some information to increase their knowledge. It can be any information like finding the blog post ideas, how to stay healthy, etc.
These keywords are categories in the terms, one a searcher is in buying mood. Usually, these keywords start with the “best” or end with the “review”, for example, best laptops for kids or Semrush review.
Navigational keywords are categorized when a searcher wants to reach a specific place, like the best road to go to California.
Semrush gets data from search engines, and its artificial intelligence analyzes the matrics of keywords with high/low KD and search volumes. Start Semrush keyword tool-free for 7 days trial to get the best out of the keyword magic tool.
Using the Semrush competitor research tool, you can find the most profitable keyword of your competitors. Semrush competitor research tool shows the high-ranking pages of your competitor from where you can understand the most traffic-generated keywords.